SAP Project Manager
Looking for a profesional responsible for managing SAP projects acting as SPOC to the client, covering the entire lifecycle, from project definition and business requirements gathering, through implementation, including integration, training, data migration, go-live, support and closeout, including SAP standard functionalities and custom developments.
This person will have full responsibility and accountability for meeting agreed upon scope, budget, schedule and quality measures, being responsible for developing and update the project plan, drive the project milestones and establish an effective communication plan with the project team.
The person will also support business development and sales activities, collaborating with the sales and marketing teams on doing demos, and preparing project proposals that provide the appropriate technical solutions, schedules and delivery times, and that addres client’s business and technical requirements with SAP solutions.
Should bring a strong foundation of SAP consultancy, pre-sales and scope management expertise, to define and manage implementation of effective, high-impact technical and business process solutions. The role requires significant prior experience as SAP Project Manager within médium/major corporate enterprises.
The candidate will be expected to have experience in planning, directing, and coordinating activities of designated SAP projects to ensure that objectives of the projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and budget parameters, by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors:
- Prepares and reviews project proposals, Statements of Work and/or respond to RFI for potential clients. Provide suport on sales presentations, workshops, demonstrations etc.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. This will include interviewing personnel when required
- Confers with customer and project staff to outline workplan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority
- Actively monitor Project activities supporting the Project team and the customer when required to ensure problem-free Project execution
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others and/or reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required
- Confers with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems, managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between the various modules / teams
- Coordinates project activities with customer, company or third party activities or requirements.
- Ensure and actively monitoring total client satisfaction through the Project lifecycle
- Adhere to all STR Consultancy, Human Resource, and corporate policies, standards, strategies and guidelines to ensure quality of business practices and optimum performance
- Facilitates and leads project meetings.
- + 5 years of experience managing médium/large scale, complex SAP projects, including green field implementations and re-engineering or upgrade projects
- + 5 years of SAP hands-on implementation projects experience
- Experience managing an entire SAP implementation project lifecycle, with full SAP ERP functional scope (modules FI, CO, MM, SD and PP mainly)
- Functional knowledge of the SAP ERP solution in both financial and logisctics área
- Experience on custom developments and basic understanding of development tolos and SAP arquitecture
- Strong knowledge of project management standards. Expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (i.e. Agile, SCRUM, waterfall etc.)
- Experience on pre-sales activities (proposal preparation, demonstrations, supporting sales meetings, etc.)
- Experience interacting and influencing decisions at the Director, VP, and CIO level
- Experience managing simultaneous projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Persuasive, effective and credible
- Proven problem solving skills and techniques. Ability to quickly learn and comprehend technology landscape, technical design options, interdependencies and constraints
- Risk management and contingency planning. Change management
- Committed to customer service
- Team player, collaborative, adaptable, and flexible with work hours
- Fluent with MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- Trustworthy and committed profesional. Self-disciplined with strong personal and profesional ethics and integrity
- Goal oriented. Solid experience in driving and achieving results
- Achiever of acquired commitments: dates, deliverables, etc.
- Efficient on using company resources
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize. Highly organized
- University or Bachelor’s degree. Preferred on engineering, IT/computers or business administration
- MBA is a plus
To be valuated
- Experience working in a leading IT services firm or SAP
- Experience in multiple SAP implementations as SAP Consultant working with ERP and Business Analytics SAP components
- Experience with SAP treasury and FSCM solutions
- Industry expertise on any of those industries: manufacturing or services
- Project Management Professional (PMP by the PMI) and Six Sigma Certified
- Permanent position in our Headquarters in Los Angeles.
- Important SAP company in process of international expansion
- Integration in professional teams
- Excellent work environment